Update: Due to other commitments, and not enough money, Victor has deferred to the July 2007 semester. He could still use some advice and encouragement, and Up With People really needs all the help they can get. So please contribute however you can! Thank you!
He's 19 years old (20 in August), originally from Malaysia (Cheras) but now lives in Melbourne, Australia. He's studying Interior Design in RMIT, transferring from LUCT a couple of years ago. He's an extremely talented photographer, singer, and filmmaker and he loves computers, film, and photography. He's quite active in his church, especially when it comes to making multimedia for them. He's very bright and intelligent, a very thoughtful person, and is very thorough and hardworking. He would be UWP's dream tech person!
He's been very keen to participate in Up With People; his only obstacle now is funding. He doesn't come from a well-off family – I believe he has some funding from church-related people for his university – and he's really hoping on a possible AUS$30k deduction on the rest of his university studies if he does well this semester. He's been sent a document with fundraising ideas but isn't sure if he could pull them off. He needs at least US$11800 (AUS$16,025) [no word yet on scholarships; they'll be announced mid-March] and every penny counts!
I have complete faith in this extremely talented young man and I think he will thrive in Up With People, so I'm trying to help him out. Support Him! Here's what you can do to help:
- Email him with ideas and suggestions of how he can raise the money. The more specific the better.
- Sponsor him! Send in cheques to his account (Victor Gan) at Up with People, 1600 Broadway, Suite 1460, Denver, CO 80202 USA or go to their Donate page and pay via PayPal/credit card. Make sure you specify that it's for him, otherwise it'll be considered a general donation.
- Pass the word! Tell other people about Victor, or just pass this URL around. He deserves a lot of positive attention for his cause.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. We have been friends for over two years and I truly feel that this program will benefit him a lot – it definitely benefited me!
Links in Post:
- MSN Spaces: Frozen, framed, and forwarded
- Up With People
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Limkokwing University College of Technology
- Up With People: Donate