Youth in Malaysia, listen up! There are two great opportunities for you to showcase your talents, personalities, interests, and ventures to the country at large:
1. KLue Magazine is holding their first KLue Blue Chilli Awards, which aims to highlight trailblazing youths with talent, creativity, charisma, and much more. From their website:
We’re looking to uncover the next wave of young, talented individuals bursting with creative potential and blazing trails in their respective fields. Promising actress, funky hairstylist or shrewd accountant – it doesn’t matter! We are spotting for the next Nicol David, the next Melinda Looi, the next Yasmin Ahmad, the next Tony Fernandes…
Vibrant, adventurous, confident – these people lead the way for others to follow.
And from their blog entry:
If you've been a follower of KLue all these years, you would know that one of our main goals as a publication has been, and still is, unearthing new and emerging talent. Be it in the "Spotlight" column of before, or the "Introducing…" column in our present Hype section, I'm proud to say that KLue has always been a firm believer in local talent and always dedicated time and space to bringing these individuals to the forefront.
So after doing all that over the years, we thought, why not take the next logical step and hold an event based on the same idea? And while we are at it, get our readers involved too? So along with some wonderfully supportive partners and sponsors, the KLue Blue Chilli Awards is born.
Prizes (for both the winners and their nominators) include cash, car drives, phones, cameras, hotel stays, vouchers, and so much more. It's also a great way to generate publicity and gain awareness.
If you, or someone you know
- is aged 18-28
- has lived in Malaysia for at least a year
- is talented and motivated
then get nominating! Nominations close 31st May 2006 and the event will be held around July.
2. Levi's Jeans is holding a 501 Day festival in May to showcase youths' passions and hobbies. This can run the gamut from performance skills such as DJing or music, to businesses, to activism, to projects, to concepts…anything at all!
The event will be held as follows:
- Date: Sunday 28th May 2006
- Venue: Zouk KL
- Time: 2 pm – midnight
- Also in attendance: DJs, celebrities, local bands – and of course the talented youth!
- No alcohol allowed (so parents, don't worry!)
They are currently looking for youths 16-25 for stage performances (music, dance, poetry, speeches, juggling, anything) or to set up stalls (for businesses, NGOs, concepts, etc). If you would like to be a part of this event, get this form (.DOC file) and mail it in to email@example.com before the 5th of May 2006. You can also take a look at their flyer for more information.
From awards to festivals; if you want to share your abilities and ideas with the world, here's your chance!
Links in Post:
- KLue Blue Chilli Awards 2006
- KLue Blog: Blue Chilli Awards
- Levi's 501 Day Response Form (.DOC)
- Levi's 501 Day Flyer (.JPG)