Every so often, EducateDeviate would profile youths and initiatives that exemplify what alternative education is all about – learning through non-traditional means and creating your own life. Some of those efforts can be seen in the Youth Initiative section of this site.
I’m on the lookout for more people and projects to cover. As you can see, I’ve run into a lot of resources and have linked up EducateDeviate‘s del.icio.us link list to here, so that a new list of links is posted every day. However, I would like to give this a more personal focus, through interviews and profiles.
So if you are, or know of:
- A young person who is living a particularly “deviating” life, or has an interesting project (around ages 13-25, though I can jiggle the ages either way)
- A youth-oriented project that is related to alternative education
Please send me an email with full information and contact details. Alternatively, do leave a comment in this entry.
I also plan to start a youth blog network related to such youths and their projects (akin to Mind Petals but not just for entrepreneurs, or BlogHer but not just for women) so if you have any knowledge of blog networks, please contact me.
Please feel free to pass this entry on as well. Thanks!
Links in Post:
- EducateDeviate: Youth Initiative
- del.icio.us: educatedeviate
- Mind Petals: Young Entrepreneur Network