Youth congresses are a great way to meet diverse young people from around the world and act on ways to make the world a better place. Opportunities don’t come very often, but I’m pleased to let you know of two Youth Congresses calling for applications right now:
1. The World Youth Foundation is a Malaysia-based international youth organization dedicated to research, development, and documentation of youth programs worldwide. They work closely with the Ministry of Youth & Sports, the Malaysian Youth Council, and various UN agencies in supporting this mission.
This year they are organizing the “We Are One” Dialogue on Cultural Diversity for Youth of Asia and Europe, to take place in Melaka, Malaysia from 30th June to 4th July 2007. This dialogue involves participants from ASEM countries (EU and ASEAN countries, as well as China, South Korea, Japan, Bulgaria, Romania, India, Pakistan, and Mongolia) working together to promote cultural diversity and international projects across Asia and Europe.
If you are 18-30 years old, a national of an ASEM country, and active in youth and cultural issues, then send in an application!. Get the relevant form and include a brief biography of yourself and your activities. Applications close 31st May 2007.
2. The World Youth Congress is one of the biggest youth meetings and gatherings in the world. Young activists active in sustainable development come together every couple of years to work on community projects and collaborate on official documentation to show how youth-led development can help to making poverty history, as well as achieving the UN Millennium Development Goals.
The 4th World Youth Congress will be held in Quebec, Canada from 10th to 21st August 2008. Applications are now open for youths interested in being a part of this conference. They are accepting applications for youths in the following categories:
- Young Development Activist – either already on a project or seeking funding for a potential project
- Young Artist/Performer
- Young Educator – young teachers or student teachers
- Young Journalists – including experienced journalists, freelancers, caricaturists, and bloggers
- Young Observers – those who haven’t had any experience but would like to learn (spaces limited)
Applications close 31st October 2007.
These opportunities do not come by very often so take the chance while it’s available!
Links in Post:
Filed under: Events, Resources, Specific Programs, Websites & Online Thoughts, Youth Initiative | Comments Off on Youth Congresses in Melaka and Quebec