I have some second-hand books on education/youth for sale. These books are of varying conditions and ages (but generally good). Prices are best offer + shipping; I’ll ship internationally from Brisbane. I accept bank transfers (Australia only) or PayPal (you can pay by credit card using PayPal). I also have some other non-education books; contact me for more info.
Click “More” to see the books I have for sale:
1. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
A story of a mountaineer’s efforts to build schools for an impoverished village in Pakistan. Brand-new. RRP US$15.00.
2. Real World Careers: Why College Is Not The Only Path To Becoming Rich by Besty Cummings
Success stories from those that have become rich without going to college. Very focused on economic success. Like new; front cover a little bent. RRP US$13.99.
3. Coming To Our Senses: The Significance of the Arts for American education by David Rockefeller JR.
Pretty much what it says on the tin. Waaaaaaaay old, cover a little dirty but great reading condition. Useful for arts educators.
4. The Concept of Education edited by R S Peters
Essays about education and learning from various contributors based on public lectures given in 1965. Good for education students. Very old, hardcover, great reading condition.
5. Youth Studies: An Australian Perspective by Judith Bessant, Howard Sercombe, Rob Watts
Textbook for those doing youth studies and youth work. Second-hand; some scribbles (I’m guessing the original owner had a kid that went through this book). Good reading condition otherwise.
6. Educational Psychology by Anita E. Woolfolk
As it says – seventh edition of this textbook. Heavy!! Great reading condition; cover a little bent.
7. This School Gives You Another Chance by QUT
QUT’s report of a community access school for girls. Good condition; a little bent because it’s thin. Bought at QUT Bookshop for $23.50.
8. Practising Education: Social and Cultural Perspectives edited by Daphne Meadmore, Bruce Burnett, Gordon Tait
Essays on education from an Australian/New Zealand perspective. Like new, but a little bent.
9. On Education by Sir Richard Livingstone
Essays on education by the sometime president of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Hardcover, ex-library, very old (1956) but great condition.
10. The Quality School: Managing Students Without Coercion by William Glasser, M.D.
Book on improving schools. Old/second-hand but good condition.
11. The Sociology of Education by P.W. Musgrave
Textbook on education and society, third edition. Old/second-hand but great condition.
12. Making the Difference: Schools, Families, and Social Division by R.W. Connell, D.J. Ashenden, S. Kessler, G.W. Dowsett
Detailed study on schools across different class groups, and the importance of change in secondary Australian schooling. Old/second hand; cover has price stickers. Good condition.