The 2nd edition of YouthMalaysia’s National Youth Entrepreneur Convention, held in conjunction with YOUTH’09, is taking place at the Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur on the 10th of January 2009.
Among this year’s speakers are:
- Minister for Youth and Sports YB Dato’ Ismail Sabri
- Henry Goh, founder of Macro Kiosk
- Aidan Aquinas Chew, winner of Season 1 of Nescafe’s Kickstart
- Ricky Wong Shee Khai, founder & CEO of Asia Media
- Ganesh Kumar, founder & CEO of MOL Access Portal
- Jeffry Ong, Marketing Director for Marctensia
- Joe Flizzow, ex-Too Phat hip-hop artist and now owner of Kartel Records
- Ninie Ahmad, Kickstart finalist and founder of Be Yoga Santuary
- Shan Tan, founder & Managing Director of Rockin’ Reptile
- Anna Rina Rahim, photographer
- Fiona-Jane Gomez, founder of Talent Hub
- Joyce Wong, blogger at Tongue in Chic and Kinky Blue Fairy
- Aimann Faiz, co-founder of Don’t Panic
- Khailee Ng and Joel Neoh, co-founders of YouthMalaysia
There’s also an opportunity to present your business plan at the convention – sign up and you’ll be in the running for a slot. Registrations are RM80 for individual earlybirds (before 10th Dec) and groups of min 3 people, and RM120 for individuals after 10th Dec.
I won’t be around this time; however, the folks at the NYEC have appointed me as a supporter of the event. As a supporter, I’ve been given a co-branded link that pays EducateDeviate RM10 for each registrant that registers through my link. This would really help cover costs for EducateDeviate’s eventual move (to its own server space & domain), as well as software and design – which costs more than I anticipated! Just so you know.
Speaking of design costs: NYEC has asked for a logo to be put on their marketing material. I don’t actually have one. I’m looking around, but does anyone have any logo skills that they’ll like to contribute? Greatly appreciated!
Anyone who goes, please let me know how it went – you can write a guest post here if you wish🙂