Posted on December 10, 2008 by Creatrix Tiara
The 2nd edition of YouthMalaysia’s National Youth Entrepreneur Convention, held in conjunction with YOUTH’09, is taking place at the Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur on the 10th of January 2009.
Among this year’s speakers are:
- Minister for Youth and Sports YB Dato’ Ismail Sabri
- Henry Goh, founder of Macro Kiosk
- Aidan Aquinas Chew, winner of Season 1 of Nescafe’s Kickstart
- Ricky Wong Shee Khai, founder & CEO of Asia Media
- Ganesh Kumar, founder & CEO of MOL Access Portal
- Jeffry Ong, Marketing Director for Marctensia
- Joe Flizzow, ex-Too Phat hip-hop artist and now owner of Kartel Records
- Ninie Ahmad, Kickstart finalist and founder of Be Yoga Santuary
- Shan Tan, founder & Managing Director of Rockin’ Reptile
- Anna Rina Rahim, photographer
- Fiona-Jane Gomez, founder of Talent Hub
- Joyce Wong, blogger at Tongue in Chic and Kinky Blue Fairy
- Aimann Faiz, co-founder of Don’t Panic
- Khailee Ng and Joel Neoh, co-founders of YouthMalaysia
There’s also an opportunity to present your business plan at the convention – sign up and you’ll be in the running for a slot. Registrations are RM80 for individual earlybirds (before 10th Dec) and groups of min 3 people, and RM120 for individuals after 10th Dec.
I won’t be around this time; however, the folks at the NYEC have appointed me as a supporter of the event. As a supporter, I’ve been given a co-branded link that pays EducateDeviate RM10 for each registrant that registers through my link. This would really help cover costs for EducateDeviate’s eventual move (to its own server space & domain), as well as software and design – which costs more than I anticipated! Just so you know.
Speaking of design costs: NYEC has asked for a logo to be put on their marketing material. I don’t actually have one. I’m looking around, but does anyone have any logo skills that they’ll like to contribute? Greatly appreciated!
Anyone who goes, please let me know how it went – you can write a guest post here if you wish 🙂
Filed under: Events, Opportunities, Specific Programs, Websites & Online Thoughts, Youth Initiative | Tagged: convention, entrepreneurship, malaysia, sorta ad, youth | 1 Comment »
Posted on November 16, 2008 by Creatrix Tiara
1. YouthSays are hunting for more people to join them for future projects, including the YOUTH’09 Festival. They’re looking for a Stats Beast, an Online Community Leader, and a Blogger + Art Director. Get in touch with Joel or Khailee for more information.
2. Nescafe KickStart is up for another season, and this time they’re focused specially on entrepreneurs. Take their entrepreneur evaluation and you’ll be contacted if they find you suitable for the program.
3. Malaysian entrepreneurship advocate Daniel CerVentus Lim of Ideapreneur.net is bringing international unconference camp format BarCamp to Johor Bahru on the 6th and 7th of December 2008. The main idea of unconferences is that participants build the program collaboratively, either online or on the day, rather than the program being set by a committee in advance. For more information and for registration, visit the BarCampJB wiki.
Filed under: Events, Opportunities, Resources, Specific Programs, Youth Initiative | Tagged: barcamp, conferences, entrepreneurship, jobs, malaysia, Opportunities, youth | 1 Comment »
Posted on February 3, 2008 by Creatrix Tiara
Daniel CerVentus, co-founder of Ideapreneur and myself are looking for 21 candidates to be featured in our upcoming eBook about young Malaysian entrepreneurs.
We are looking for the following:
- Malaysian – doesn’t have to be a citizen, but has to be connected to Malaysia in some way
- Age 30 and below by 31st Dec 2008
- Self made or revolutionary in an an existing business/organization – for profit, non-profit, social enterprise
- Highly respected in their industry
- Have great passion for what they are doing.
- A great example what Malaysia have to offer.
Please send all your suggestions to Daniel or myself before 14th February 2008. Thank you!
Filed under: Books & Print, Interviews, Opportunities, People, Resources, Websites & Online Thoughts, Youth Initiative | Tagged: call for help, ebook, entrepreneurship, fame, Interviews, malaysian, nominations, opportunity, youth | 7 Comments »